- Dog is being transferred to the adopting owner with understanding that the adopter is taking possession of the dog to treat and to be responsible for them as their own dog.
- Dog will be treated as a family member with loving care and affection. I will do my best to ensure the dogs safety and well-being.
- I/we will feed the dog at least twice a day and will provide a fresh supply of water at all times.
- Dog will live inside my home and will not be isolated from the family. I will walk my dog on a leash or exercise my dog in a fenced yard, which must be provided unless waived by TLFPR. I will never let my dog run loose or roam, keep my dog chained or tied up, keep it continuously in a yard, garage, patio, balcony, or pen, or leave my dog outdoors, even in a fenced yard when no one is at home.
- I will not have the dog attack-trained nor will I use it for any purpose other than companionship. I will not have the dogs ears cropped nor will I have its tail docked. I will never allow any physical, mental, or emotional abuse of the dog.
- I will take the dog to a licensed veterinarian when shots are due but, in no event later than one year from the last vet visit. I will provide all required and/or needed veterinary care, including: rabies shots as required every one or three years; yearly booster shots for DHLPPC; yearly fecal checks for internal parasites (worms); and prompt treatment by a licensed veterinarian for any illness or injury.
- Dog will be given heartworm preventative tablets every month, all year long. I will have a heartworm test given every year. If there is any break in dispensing heartworm tablets, I must retest for heartworm and restart tablets immediately.
- If not already done, I will have dog spayed/neutered by 6 months of age and you will be reimbursed $50 from TLFPR following proof of spay/neuter surgery.
- If/we affirm that no member of my household has been convicted of an animal welfare law violation such as neglect, cruelty, abandonment, etc
- I will ensure proper licensing of dog and will attach the appropriate license tags, rabies tag and personal identification tag to a non-choke collar to be worn at all times. I will ensure compliance with all applicable local and state statutes.
- I will not use a choke-type collar at any time, except for training under the guidance of a qualified dog trainer.
- I am adopting this dog for myself and I agree to not give away, sell, or trade my dog, even as a gift to a friend or family member. I will neither take the dog to a shelter nor abandon the dog. I understand that I must notify TLFPR, without delay, if I can no longer care for or keep the dog and agree to give TLFPR reasonable time to rehome my dog or place my dog in an approved foster home, if available. I must notify TLFPR of any behavioral problems that have occured at any time before I return my dog and I agree to pay for a professional trainers evaluation in case of biting or aggression.
- I agree to accept responsibility and ownership of the dog at my own risk and I release TLFPR and its agents from any and all liability arising out of possession and ownership of the dog. I agree that I am assuming total financial responsibility for my pet as of the date of this contract. TLFPR and its agents will not be held responsible for any damages or expenses (veterinary or other) incurred during my ownership of the dog.
- I agree to take the dog to obedience training classes as a puppy, and/or as an adult if needed.
- In the event that the dog becomes lost or dies, I will immediately notify TLFPR. I will also immediately notify TLFPR of any change of contact information (address, phone number or email address).
- The dogs known background and medical history have been discussed with me. I understand that TLFPR has made no representation concerning the health, condition, training, behavior, or temperament of the dog.
- I agree to permit TLFPR to make inquiry about and enforce any of the above conditions and requirements at any time after adoption. This can include visits to my home and contact with my veterinarian. I UNDERSTAND THAT FAILURE TO COMPLY WITH ANY OF THE ABOVE PROVISIONS WILL RESULT IN FORFEITURE OF THE DOG TO TLFPR.